I’m finding joy in all of this, primarily because our Los Angeles family is here, and we’re seeing them for the first time in over a year. My grandson has grown a lot, and will be thirteen at the end of May. My son and daughter-in-law are getting a vacation from work, and hopefully will get to see some old friends. I’m just taking it in to my heart, and letting it suffuse through my body.
I drove up to Napa yesterday, listening to music, and there was Richie Havens singing “Here Comes the Sun”, adding to my optimism. It turns out the Moscone Center Vaccination site has a playlist for hope and joy. I first read about it on Twitter, and there’s a short article in yesterday’s Chronicle. In case you’d rather not click over there, here’s a sample.
1. “Here Comes the Sun,” The Beatles
2. “Happy,” Pharrell Williams
3. “Lovely Day,” Bill Withers
4. “Higher Love,” Steve Winwood
5. “Lean on Me,” Sandro Cavazzo
6. “Best Day of My Life,” American Authors
7. “ABC,” Jackson 5
8. “Walking on Sunshine,” Katrina and the Waves
9. “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” Justin Timberlake
10. “I Will Survive,” Gloria Gaynor
11. “Don’t Worry Be Happy,” Bobby McFerrin